Lines are the simplest type of function. It’s important to be able to graph them and calculate the slope (i.e., the rate of change), which is one of the most fundamental concepts in Calculus. While lines have a constant slope, the slope of other functions continuously changes. Understanding lines is the first step toward working with curves.
Lesson 1: The Basics
- What is Calculus?
- Write neatly
- Exercises: Compute expressions
- Graphing lines and calculating slope 📝
- Exercises: Find equations of lines and calculate slope
- Why is the slope important in Calculus?
- Exercises: Graph the derivative
- Simplifying rational expressions
- Exercises: Simplifying rational expressions
- Simplifying logarithmic expressions
- Exercises: Simplifying logarithmic expressions
- Trig basics and the unit circle
- Exercises: Find sine, cosine, and tangent