Practice visualizing and making conjectures about the derivative with the following exercises.
1. For the function drawn below:
- Approximately where (i.e., for which values of x) is the derivative equal to 0?
- Approximately where (i.e., for what intervals of x) is the derivative positive? Negative?
2. For the functions drawn below, graph what you think the derivatives look like.
Lesson 1: The Basics
- What is Calculus?
- Write neatly
- Exercises: Compute expressions
- Graphing lines and calculating slope
- Exercises: Find equations of lines and calculate slope
- Why is the slope important in Calculus?
- Exercises: Graph the derivative 📝
- Simplifying rational expressions
- Exercises: Simplifying rational expressions
- Simplifying logarithmic expressions
- Exercises: Simplifying logarithmic expressions
- Trig basics and the unit circle
- Exercises: Find sine, cosine, and tangent
Lesson 2: Solving equations and inequalities